How to set up fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android
Installed or update WhatsApp version 2.19.221 or above from Google Play. Once done, follow these steps to secure your WhatsApp chats on Android with fingerprint authentication.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three dots icon on the top-right and go to Settings.
2. Go to Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock.
3. On the next screen, turn on Unlock with Fingerprint.
4. Additionally, you can also set the duration after which you’ll have to use your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It can be set to Immediately, After a minute or After 30 minutes.
5. Further, you can also choose if you want to show the message content and sender in the notifications or not.